The Gutter Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Movie Topic

5 posters

Page 16 of 19 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next

Go down

The Movie Topic - Page 16 Empty Re: The Movie Topic

Post by Dean Mon Feb 21, 2011 12:44 am

I was confused about that as the chap said they'd rescued Michael White and he was in the USA. So did they lie or was he kidnapped again?
Dean
Dean
Winchester

http://vana1970.livejournal.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Mon Feb 21, 2011 12:48 am

I don't know actually. I was a little iffy on that part too.
Sam
Sam
Winchester

http://krisblis.livejournal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Dean Mon Feb 21, 2011 12:58 am

Plus snakes need oxygen to breathe no? Couldn't have been that far down as snakes don't live too far down do they?
Dean
Dean
Winchester

Back to top Go down

Post by Dean Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:08 am

So I see Battle : Los Angeles is released soon here, I'm interested in it for sure. Not seen any reviews yet about it but they did mention it on a show Film 2011 which used to be a good show but now it's hosted by a complete idiot (everyone I know agree's with me). She complained that it was "Only one tone to this film" and went on to complain that there was nothing but action. OMG action in an action film ! What did she want romance while you got your ass kicked by an invading army? Grrrr.

I'll wait until a sane person has seen the film .
Dean
Dean
Winchester

Back to top Go down

Post by Dean Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:12 am

While I'm ranting, what's up with Vin Diesel? Another Fast & Furious movie? Don't moan about type casting.

On a lighter note, yay, Cars 2 is coming out. I saw this daft comment left under the trailer.

"I'm sorry, but this looks like Pixar's worst so far. Seriously this doesn't look good, and what is the point of a G rated spy movie! No one can die!"

It's for kids ... mainly how violet does he want a childs film to be?
Dean
Dean
Winchester

Back to top Go down

Post by Cougarbelle Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:18 am

Well, if it's a girlie type child's film, I think violet's a good thing. Sorry!! You can crack me on the head if you can catch me that is. Butterfly Wraith
Cougarbelle
Cougarbelle
Fangtasia Dancer

Back to top Go down

Post by Dean Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:20 am

LMAO

Doh okay violent. Ronon Mad at You angry
Dean
Dean
Winchester

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Thu Mar 10, 2011 1:51 am

I only saw Cars once but it was my least favorite Pixar movie. To pick a fave would be pretty tough, what with Toy Story & Monsters Inc. & Finding Nemo & all...

I got free advance screening passes for Red Riding Hood so I saw that last night. Well... it wasn't bad for free. LMAO, nah but really, it was ok but nothing I would ever go to the movies to see. It's directed by the same idiot who directed the first Twilight movie, if that's any indication. Love Gary Oldman though. The main guy looked like Edward's stunt double, lmao!!!! Well, in my opinion, he's better looking than Robert Pattinson but whatever. The werewolf CGI looked dreadful though! And wtf is up with people making werewolves these pansy gigantic wolves???!?!?!?!?!??!?!?! Where are the runs on two legs, half man, half wolf creatures that used to scare me when I was little? Van Helsing had it perfect but everything since has been shitty.
Sam
Sam
Winchester

Back to top Go down

Post by Cougarbelle Thu Mar 10, 2011 2:34 pm

I so agree with you on that about the werewolves. I think the wolf on two legs with human-like characteristics is way scarier than just changing to a large wolf. all I want to do when I see a beautiful wolf, is go "here boy here! That's a good boy. You want to eat my face. Don't you boy? Yes, you do." I know a wolf would rather chew my throat off and have me for dinner, but they're so beautiful how can you be scared of them? Not to mention grab a big stick, and they'll run away from you.
Cougarbelle
Cougarbelle
Fangtasia Dancer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Thu Mar 10, 2011 6:24 pm

For realzies....
Sam
Sam
Winchester

Back to top Go down

Post by Dean Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:40 pm

I always found the werewolves in Underworld disturbing. We saw Wolf Man and that was mmm okay fro free but not to pay rental.

We got a dvd of Splice this weekend hope it's good.
Dean
Dean
Winchester

Back to top Go down

Post by Dean Sun Mar 20, 2011 11:36 pm

Watched Splice last night not sure what I think. See if I watch a sci fi movie I tend to compare it to Alien which means they usually suck. Saying that I loved the recent Star Trek film so it doesn't always apply.

I thought it had good moments and enjoyed seeing David Hewlett again. Plot wasn't bad but I think it was the actors who were quite wishy washy.

Is anyone going to see the new Bradley Cooper film Limitless? It looks good so I'm waiting on Sam's report. Also has anyone seen The Eagle?
Dean
Dean
Winchester

Back to top Go down

Post by Dean Sun Mar 20, 2011 11:42 pm

Before I forget I saw a trailer for a film which made me wince and think I have to watch this just to see if it really is well check out the trailer although maybe not around kids.

The Loved Ones

The Eagle

I also quite fancy seeing The Priest although I might rent it.

Limitless

Dean
Dean
Winchester

Back to top Go down

Post by Cougarbelle Mon Mar 21, 2011 2:32 am

Oh yeah! Gonna watch "The Loved ones". It looks gruesome.
Cougarbelle
Cougarbelle
Fangtasia Dancer

Back to top Go down

Post by Dean Mon Mar 21, 2011 1:49 pm

It does doesn't it.
Dean
Dean
Winchester

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Sat Apr 02, 2011 3:25 pm

Mmmkay, where to start??? LOL!

The Loved Ones-Definitely not going to the movies to see that but would watch it maybe on On Demand or on HBO. It's a nice twist with the semi role reversal of the boy and girl, but geez, they showed ABSOLUTELY everything in the trailer!

The Eagle-No, sorry, I'm not gonna pay money for that one. Again, might watch it on TV, but to me, Channing Tatum is the male Jessica Alba. Fantastic to look at in B-movies, but has yet to prove to me that he can do anything to bump himself up to the next bracket of actors.

Priest-I love Paul Bettany in these asassin-type roles and the effects look pretty cool. If I'm really jonesing for a movie theater trip, might check it out on the big screen. Otherwise, I'll rent it for sure. Could go either way, but hoping for the better. Karl Urban does well in ensemble films and he should stick with those.

Limitless-This doesn't interest me at all. I might watch it on tv but, I don't know, just isn't pulling me in anywhere.

Ok, now for my additions...

Did y'all catch The Hangover Part 2 trailer? It came out yesterday, which is funny cuz it was also April Fool's Day. Here it is:

Looks pretty much the same as the first one and I'm not saying that as a slam against it. Looks very entertaining, just hope it will be. Damn, Doug gets left out again? Also can't wait to check out Liam Neeson's cameo and am looking forward to more Leslie Chow. Bummer that Clinton won't actually be in the movie but I'm secretly keeping my fingers crossed that he'll somehow show up in the end credits photos a la Carrot Top & Neil Diamond in the first one. Loved that they used Kanye West in the beginning too.

So I actually won free advance screening passes last week for Insidious, which came out yesterday. I had seen the trailer a few weeks ago and, even though I like Rose Byrne & Patrick Wilson (his father's a news anchor here & I've seen him several times at my job), figured it would be a standard, run of the mill horror movie. That is, until I saw the shot at 1:26 in the trailer. Even though I thought it was Darth Maul's even more sinister twin brother, it totally "frightened shit out of me" (Crocodile Dundee)! Check it out:

I will not lie, I was stressed watching this movie. You know how cool and suspenseful the Paranormal Activity films were, but how you also felt a slight bit unfulfilled cuz you never actually saw anything? Yeah well, you actually see the stuff in this movie. And while some of it does come off a bit cheesy, a lot of it is creepy as shit!!! Of course I had to drive home alone that night and I kept half expecting to see a dark silohouette in my rear view mirror.

I liked the film right off the bat but the more I sit on it, the more I realized I really enjoyed it. I got the crap scared out of me (which I love but doesn't happen that much since many movies nowadays go for shock, gore and false-scare tactics as opposed to the slow build, suspense and just flat out creepy stuff that keeps me awake at night) and am even considering going again (matinee of course since it's now $10 for a full priced adult admission). The characters are actually logically in the one and there's even a few funny parts. It kinda reminds me of a horror film that would have come out in the late 80s. It's got a nice little twist on the usual demon-haunting scenario that for once doesn't bring in the religious stuff and the score, lol! I knew I was in for something a little different at the beginning of the movie cuz the score is crazy! It's very dramatic and in your face (or should I say in your ear?). And Dean, OMG, do you remember that Tiny Tim song I kept playing for you? Well, after this flick, you'll never hear it the same way again....

Alright, now that I've said my piece, I must also strongly remind you all that this film is filled with the stuff that scares me. Just me. I don't know what type of things get to you guys, so please keep that in mind if you do go see this. If that same type of stuff gets to you, then you are good to go. If not, take that into consideration. I've read one or two reviews by people that "don't get scared by horror movies" and they pretty much hated it. I obviously have a pretty overactive imagination but I like getting scared too. It's not crazy easy to scare me, but I don't steel myself up either. The best horror movies I've seen (ie the ones that scared me the most) have been The Descent, Drag Me to Hell, Paranormal Activity 1 & 2 and What Lies Beneath (although that might be considered a drama?). LOL, ok, now go see it so we can discuss it!

Hmm, I don't exactly remember how far back I posted on here. Let me check and then I'll type some more...
Sam
Sam
Winchester

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Sat Apr 02, 2011 3:44 pm

Dean wrote:So I see Battle : Los Angeles is released soon here, I'm interested in it for sure. Not seen any reviews yet about it but they did mention it on a show Film 2011 which used to be a good show but now it's hosted by a complete idiot (everyone I know agree's with me). She complained that it was "Only one tone to this film" and went on to complain that there was nothing but action. OMG action in an action film ! What did she want romance while you got your ass kicked by an invading army? Grrrr.

I'll wait until a sane person has seen the film .

Ok, I couldn't remember if I had posted my review of this film or not. I went to see it with my family (the last one we all saw together before my brother moved, sniffle, sniffle, lol). I very much enjoyed it. It is, without a doubt, exactly what you think it will be. Nonstop action. It was great. Aaron Eckart (SWOON!), Ne-Yo, Hoyt from True Blood (sorry I can't remember his real name), Bridget Moynahan (sp?), Michael Pena (always does a good job)... everyone played their parts well. I actually didn't even hate Michelle Rodriguez in it! She plays a slightly different version of her usual character, if you can imagine that. One thing I really hated about the film was the shakey cam stuff in the beginning, before the invasion. I don't mind shakey cam when the scene calls for it, but if it's over used or used inappropriately, I really hate it. They had WAY too many extreme close-ups and shakey shots in the beginning of the film. It was pretty annoying but luckily, the alien attack happens pretty fast and then the shots fit more with the actual actions on screen. There were one or two times where I thought that the film was over, but then more would happen. That's not necessarily a bad thing, but it happened. I mean, of course the entire film is as implausible as hell, but it's a sci fi make believe action film for goodness sake! I also read some douches complaining that it's a military propaganda film. Really? Just reread that last sentence I said, lol!

Speaking of Aaron Eckart, I also finally watched Towelhead. It came out a few years ago and is written and directed by Alan Ball (True Blood, Six Feet Under, American Beauty). Here's the trailer:

Aside from the offensive title, this is a very intense, very captivating movie. All the actors do a phenomenal job (especially Summer Bishil & Aaron Eckart) given the sometimes disturbing subject matter. Definitely worth watching but sorry, no aliens or demons, lol!

Sam
Sam
Winchester

Back to top Go down

Post by Cougarbelle Sat Apr 02, 2011 3:52 pm

I still get freaked out sometimes if I'm laying in bed, and I start thinking about Paranormal Activity. I have to figure out how to get to the light without anything touching me or putting my feet anywhere near the edge of the bed so yeah it will scare me. Now the problem is getting nerve up to watch it. I can easily watch horror movies where a person is actually doing the killing because I feel i could somehow figure a way out of that, but what do you do when it's a ghost coming after you? Still plan on watching Loved Ones and loving it too though.
Cougarbelle
Cougarbelle
Fangtasia Dancer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Sat Apr 02, 2011 4:02 pm

Have you seen a trailer for Bridesmaids? OMG, I really, really really hope it's as funny as it looks! I want a great R-rated female comedy! Love Kristen Wiig and ooo, looks like Jon Hamm is in it a little bit too!

Sam
Sam
Winchester

Back to top Go down

Post by Cougarbelle Sat Apr 02, 2011 6:58 pm

OMFGosh!!! Okay, I'm as excited about this one as I was Loved Ones. Hells yeah!! Can't wait to see that.
Cougarbelle
Cougarbelle
Fangtasia Dancer

Back to top Go down

Post by Dean Mon Apr 04, 2011 1:02 pm

Really like Insidious movie, reminded me in a way of a more up to date version of Poltergeist but scarer. Want to see that one for sure. It will have me thinking what's under the bed ...

The Bridesmaids I can wait, looks like a female version of The Hangover.

Hangover 2 will wait, usually sequels are not as good. Although saying that Paranormal Activity 2 was supposed to be better than the first, I think. Did you see that one Sam?
Dean
Dean
Winchester

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Sat Apr 23, 2011 1:55 pm

Yes, Insidious totally reminded me of Poltergeist, but not in a bad way. I can't wait for someone to see it cuz I wanna discuss all the creepy parts!

I ended up going to see Bridesmaids a day or so after I posted that trailer! It's not out for like another month but I got advance tix. It was hysterical! Not quite as funny as The Hangover but then again, I've seen The Hangover like a million times. Kristen Wiig was great, actually everyone was. Jon Hamm's a real douche in it, lol! It's got my recommendation.

I'm a slight bit bummed cuz for some reason I thought Thor was coming out next weekend but it's actually the week after! I think I got confused cuz it's opening earlier in other countries first. The reviews seem to be pretty good, but to be honest I haven't really read them cuz I don't want to get spoiled. Can't wait to see it though.
Sam
Sam
Winchester

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Sat Apr 23, 2011 2:04 pm

Did anyone see the kid who played Chunk in The Goonies on Yahoo the other day?????? If you don't know what I'm talking about, please say so cuz I'll stop now...

http://vitality.yahoo.com/video-second-act-jeff-cohen-24962471

Here's a trailer for The Goonies (Is it just me or were trailers back in the day god awful???)...
Sam
Sam
Winchester

Back to top Go down

Post by Cougarbelle Sat Apr 23, 2011 2:35 pm

I've been wondering whatever happen to him lately. I also always called it the "chunk shuffle". It's called the truffle shuffle. Hhhmmmmm. Learn something new every day. That movie came on two or three weeks ago. It's still just as good now as it was then. Maybe not the trailer but definitely the movie. Good going Chunk!!!
Cougarbelle
Cougarbelle
Fangtasia Dancer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Sat Apr 23, 2011 2:46 pm

It's one of my absolute faves! Watching the interview and the trailer made me wanna watch it again. The one playlist I have on my iPod that I listen to the most is called The Truffle Shuffle, lol!
Sam
Sam
Winchester

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 19 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next