The Gutter Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Season 6 Discussion... Contains Spoilers for 1-5 (6 as it airs)

4 posters

Page 3 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Season 6 Discussion... Contains Spoilers for 1-5 (6 as it airs) - Page 3 Empty Re: Season 6 Discussion... Contains Spoilers for 1-5 (6 as it airs)

Post by Sam Sat Sep 25, 2010 3:12 pm

Hmm ok, you left after I posted this. LOL!

Anyway, I can't hold it in & I've got time to kill, so I'm going to go ahead & post my review. I'll try to keep it somewhat in order...

- No 'Road So Far'? LOL, that's ok, no big deal.

- I liked the idea of cutting between Dean's new life & his old life but it seemed like he adjusted pretty easily. Again, not really a biggie. Side note* Is Dean using a fake name at his job & with the neighbors? Cuz of the rap sheet he had from all the stuff earlier in the series. Oh wait, even better, isn't he listed as being dead (from that explosion w/Henrickson/I wanna say 'Jus In Bello'.)?

- Love the new intro!!! Looks all icy & blue. My least favorite's was last year's blood splatter (yes, even over the plain text of Season 1) so this was pretty much the exact OPPOSITE of what that was.

- Domesticated Dean... of course I much prefer the older model. His neighbor was kind of funny.

- Alright, now the weird stuff sets in. The claw marks & screaming in that apartment building. Is it just me or did the part w/him going up the stairs & checking it out seem to take FOREVER??? lol!

- Whoa, the original Yellow Eyed Demon came back! That's awesome they got the original actor (I love it when they do that). I'm glad to see that he wasn't really for real back though, that it was a hallucination. Cuz otherwise I woulda been all WtF. Speaking of resurrecting characters, I'm over resurrecting characters! Yes, I know if they didn't do that then I wouldn't have my beloved Sammy (but you know we wouldn't have Dean either, ie no show). I don't want anyone else brought back to life. Okay wait, the only person I'll take being brought back to life would be John Winchester and that's ONLY if he's played by Jeffrey Dean Morgan. Otherwise, let's stick with revisiting the (very few) characters left alive.

- Ok, so Sam stabs YED, saves Dean and, wait for it, the Big Reunion.... hmm, well I must say that was a pretty lame-o reunion. I need emotion! I know Dean's mad about the whole waiting a year to come back thingie but still... both of these guys are pretty decent actors & this would have been an awesome place to show some range. BUT, I will forgive this stinker reunion if they have got something up their sleeve that I'm hoping they do (more on that in a sec).

- Alright, let's bring out the slew of Campbells! Again, I haven't a clue what's up ahead, but all 3 of those cousins can disappear as quickly as they appeared for all I care (although it's cool to see Parker Lewis, err, Corin Nemec on TV again. I ran into him a bunch of times at Dragon*Con lol!). Do they even have names? LOL! We got The Twilight Bella Clone, Blondie the Van Driver & Parker Lewis. Much like you guys probably feel, I sure as hell don't trust ole Gramps. I really have no clue on where they are going with this storyline so I'm excited to see where it goes.

- Is anyone else worried/take note that the first monsters they're dealing with are djinns? Please, please, don't give me an ending in the same vein of Identity... I know I keep going on about that, but those always seem like cop out endings to me. This show has never copped out (hello, Apocalypse much?) so there's no reason to do so now. Some pretty lame djinns, for that matter. LOL, nah but really, their father was the one from way back in Season 2 or 3, right?

- So Gramps's already lying to the boys? Can't say I'm surprised. But seriously, how the hell are they gonna hide that thing in the van w/o the boys knowing? "Hey Cuz, your van seems to be rocking back & forth a lot. You got something in there?" LMAO!!! What would be the point of capturing a live djinn anyway? Whatever the reasoning, I certainly would not be riding in that van! Ooo, which brings me to my next point...

- The Impala's gonna have a sidekick!!!! The Charger, I love it! It totally fits Sam's personality, more technologically advanced & bulky. It should be a different color though (my vote's for navy) cuz the Impala's already black. You know, the more I think about it though, the more I'm thinking the Charger won't be around for long since it'd be stupid for them both to be driving around in separate cars. Ah well, I love it while we have it.

- Lisa & Ben... Oh, I'm so happy they got the original Ben back! He sure was downplayed though, yeah? I really like how they are making this whole relationship realistic, with the distance between Dean & Lisa. They seemed to have way less chemistry than before, but it makes perfect sense. He cares a lot for her & her son but was never really in love with her. She just represents what he always wanted & didn't think he could have. I don't think they'll actually kill either character (god would that be mean or what?) but I do think they need to skidaddle so we can get to the important stuff.

- Speaking of low chemistry, sheesh, are the brothers lacking it or what? I know, I know, it goes with the story and all but I just had to mention that. I like the role reversal from the series premiere. Did you?

- Saving the best for last... Sam. Ok, who else wasn't digging the slight douchey attitude he had? LOL! So, who here thinks he's evil? I really don't want him to be. Dean's definitely the heart of the show but I think the two of them need to be on the same side in order for the show to work well. It was at its best when they were & clunkiest when they weren't. But see, I don't know... that may be where the writers are gonna go.
Personally, what I think would be much cooler & far more entertaining, is that Sam is trapped & needs Dean's help. By trapped I mean either
1)he's still actually down in the pit (enter Cas for some help) & needs to get out for obvious reasons
2) the Sam we're seeing right now is the real Sam but he's stuck between a rock & a hard place cuz, while Gramps was somehow responsible for getting him out of Hell, he did it with evil intentions (of which we don't know yet). And Sam has figured that out but can't defeat Gramps alone & needs Dean's help. So that would explain us seeing a lot of odd/off behavior from Sam in the next few episodes, as him trying to subtly tip off Dean to the real scenario.
3) This isn't really Sam but some kind of evil clone Gramps's using to get to Dean & use him to... I don't know, bump off all these random monsters so he can... be the ultimate badass monster? LOL, ok, maybe not that exact reason but something along those lines. OMG, like at the end of next week's episode or something we seem Sam's eyes flicker & get shiney, revealing that he's one of those shape shifters from Season 1 (I think) and then cut to the real Sam hidden away in some dark & dingy warehouse (preferably bound & gagged).

Shoot, now I really want option 3! But really, any of these options can go for a few episodes nicely mixed in with whatever random monsters they're fighting each week and will give us an awesome reunion & BAM, the brothers back together ready to take on the Big Bad for the last half of the season (which is where that part usually builds up more steam). LOL, and yes, I do realize these ideas have holes galore & need way more fleshing out but hey, that's why the show has a TEAM of writers, not just a singular fan of the Becky persuasion killing time cuz her job is very dull today making up the story arcs.

- The Season's Big Bad... I think/would like for it to be Gramps but am open for suggestions. The only characters I really don't want it to be are Sam and/or Lucifer (that storyline/religion has been done. Let's move on.).

Damn, I know there was something else I wanted to add my 2ยข about but I can't think of it. Well, I sufficiently ate up my work time & hopefully gave you guys one or two ideas to ponder. So, let's hear what you thought? Anyone like my theories or have some of your own?

Last edited by Sam on Sat Sep 25, 2010 6:42 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Kept getting dragged away...)
Sam
Sam
Winchester

http://krisblis.livejournal.com

Back to top Go down

Season 6 Discussion... Contains Spoilers for 1-5 (6 as it airs) - Page 3 Empty Re: Season 6 Discussion... Contains Spoilers for 1-5 (6 as it airs)

Post by Dean Sat Sep 25, 2010 5:34 pm

Cougarbelle wrote:I watched it, but I don't know where we're supposed to discuss it.

You don't have to discuss it Cougar, Sam and I just like to. Feel free to add something if want or join in when we're chatting.

It can be fun to see who's right or if you see it all the same way.

Going to read Sam's review and add mine.
Dean
Dean
Winchester

http://vana1970.livejournal.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Dean Sat Sep 25, 2010 6:01 pm

Okay so my reviews will be later as I won't be able to get a working link until the next day.

Sam, I read your review, patience sweetie !!

I'm going to watch it again tonight as I just caught it quickly. Okay and it's another excuse to watch Dean Laughing

Opening sequence much better, almost wintery. With you Sam last seasons one wasn't one of my favs.

So we start with Dean going through his daily routine interceeded with his memories of his life with Sam. That kid's gonna have a heart attack that much salt in his breakfast!

The neighbour was cool, I liked that he was trying to get more out of Dean than Dean wanted to tell him but Dean was still trying to be a friend. Drink driving Dean not a good message.

YAY I knew the YED was coming back but didn't expect him back so quickly. Enter Sam to save Dean's life. Now I only have a few queries about this episode and the reunion seems to be mine and everyone elses grumble. I love poor Dean's shocked expression but Sam's indifference was a surprise. I know he's been to hell but he was there a very short time compared to Dean so why the distance? That hug was forced kinda. Now I have a feeling that while we're seeing Sam back, I don't think it's entirely Sam. Sam loves his brother more than anything and to be so "Hey dude" kinda happy just didn't seem really Sam. Dean I know is stunned but I wanted to see Dean angrier even lash out at Sam for being left out of the loop. Sam said he wanted Dean to have a life but Sam IS Deans life.

The Campbells huh, hope they show up now and again just not every week thanks. Whats with Grandpa's eyebrows, scary! Where at this point is Casitiel and why didn't he come to Dean to say Sam's alive or that's not Sam?

The Jin, not bothered it's an old character after all this episode was about the family and reunion not the monster this time. Good connection making it the children of the Jin from season 2. Why did Grandpa steal away the female Jin without the Winchesters knowing? Is this to torture the Jin or for some other reason yet to be revealed.

How come Bobby wasn't happier to see Dean in that oh you're here have a hug? I liked the scene on the stairs with Dean and Lisa, they came together because each needed the other and it works, I liked ho she called him an idiot for not expecting them to understand him a little. They seemed more settled with each other than before so it fitted.

The last scene between Sam and Dean was great, Sam expecting Dean to leave with him and Dean staying behind realising that Sam no longer needed him the way he used to but that Lisa and Ben did. This way it gave some kudos to their relationship.

As I've said, Sam is too cold for me to truly believe there isn't trouble ahead. Could he really have just become hardened to the point he no longer needs anything or anyone?

I'm encouraged by the start, we don't want everything clean and sorted in the first episode. This opener gives us questions which will keep people watching. Looking forward to whats to come.

Yes I did like The Charger Sam, but the Impala is the The Car.

Dean
Dean
Winchester

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Sat Sep 25, 2010 6:43 pm

I guess I didn't make it clear; I'm not impatient where I want these things wrapped up right now. Those were just ideas on where the story could go.
Sam
Sam
Winchester

Back to top Go down

Post by Dean Sat Sep 25, 2010 11:04 pm

Sam wrote:I guess I didn't make it clear; I'm not impatient where I want these things wrapped up right now

I know but they got a whole season to do is all I meant.

I like scenario 2.

Disappointed or not with the first show?
Dean
Dean
Winchester

Back to top Go down

Post by Cougarbelle Sat Sep 25, 2010 11:33 pm

I liked the show a lot. I didn't think anything was so off about them not being kind of distant after not seeing each other after a year. Dean seems to be getting over some serious PTSD, and I think they're both a bit emotionally stunted. I liked how they did the relationship between Dean and Lisa. I would have been sick to my stomach if it had of been mushy-mushy, but what is it about Dean and lawns. Didn't he have a fantasy or two where life was good, and he was all into his lawn and then in his hallucination yellow-eyes was talking about how nice Dean's lawn was.

I can't think of anything else right now. Be back later.
Cougarbelle
Cougarbelle
Fangtasia Dancer

Back to top Go down

Post by Dean Sat Sep 25, 2010 11:37 pm

LOL, now you comen to mention it Cougar the other lawn fetish episode was the other Jin episode in season 2 "What Is & Should Never Be"

Dean
Dean
Winchester

Back to top Go down

Post by Dean Sat Sep 25, 2010 11:39 pm

Just caught this, the promo for next week. It's ab out babies awww how many women will flip over this one ! Me included.

Dean
Dean
Winchester

Back to top Go down

Post by Cougarbelle Sun Sep 26, 2010 12:30 am

Can't wait.
Cougarbelle
Cougarbelle
Fangtasia Dancer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Sat Oct 02, 2010 10:14 pm

Weren't those babies adorable???? Especially the second one, aww! And hex yeah, one Campbell down, 3 to go!
Butterfly Wraith
Sam
Sam
Winchester

Back to top Go down

Post by Dean Sat Oct 02, 2010 11:00 pm

The babies were adorable but baby + Dean = my womb flipped.

Some great one liners too this week, love what Dean said to the Campbell guy before he got it, "Yeah think at me".

Dean
Dean
Winchester

Back to top Go down

Post by Dean Sat Oct 02, 2010 11:34 pm

Promo for next weeks SPN episode 3.

Dean
Dean
Winchester

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Sun Oct 03, 2010 12:26 am

Me & Dame both yelled "CAS!" real loud when we watched the it earlier, lol!
Sam
Sam
Winchester

Back to top Go down

Post by Dean Sun Oct 03, 2010 12:42 am

Yep and The Impala is back, yay!

I swear that car has its own fandom.

Last edited by Dean on Sun Oct 03, 2010 12:44 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Got over excited and wrote like a numpty)
Dean
Dean
Winchester

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Sun Oct 03, 2010 12:42 am

LOL, I know right! I was pretty happy about it, gotta admit...
Sam
Sam
Winchester

Back to top Go down

Post by Dean Sun Oct 03, 2010 12:45 am

Yeah Sam's charger is fine but it's not the Impala.
Dean
Dean
Winchester

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Sun Oct 03, 2010 12:47 am

Totally agree!
MysteryMachine
Sam
Sam
Winchester

Back to top Go down

Post by Dean Sun Oct 03, 2010 12:58 am

LMAO I'd die laughing if the Mystery Machine showed up in an episode. Mind you Dean would be all over Daphne, although now he has Lisa ...
Dean
Dean
Winchester

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Sun Oct 03, 2010 1:02 am

OMG, I would love that! I should try to draw them as those types of characters....
Sam
Sam
Winchester

Back to top Go down

Post by Dean Sun Oct 03, 2010 1:20 am

LOL can you make us a banner something like the Scooby Doo characters and Dean and Sam, Impala and Mystery Machine or make the Impala decked out in the MM colours.

That would be so funny. I love your banner SPN & The Simpsons.
Dean
Dean
Winchester

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Sun Oct 03, 2010 1:22 am

I can try. The only thing I need (which is sometimes really hard to find) is a hi res/good size pic of the originals to study. A few Xmases ago, I did the family Xmas cards as all of us like Simpsons and then the year before last I did Family Guy versions of us.
Sam
Sam
Winchester

Back to top Go down

Post by Dean Sun Oct 03, 2010 1:26 am

OMG talented ! Do you draw free hand?
Dean
Dean
Winchester

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Sun Oct 03, 2010 1:27 am

Thanks and yes, but I gotta see it first.
Sam
Sam
Winchester

Back to top Go down

Post by Dean Sun Oct 03, 2010 1:36 am

*Bows down to uber talented Zimbobzim* dancing_dude
Dean
Dean
Winchester

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Sun Oct 03, 2010 1:40 am

No prob, Bob!
Moonwalker
Sam
Sam
Winchester

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next