The General Supernatural Discussion - No Spoilers

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Re: The General Supernatural Discussion - No Spoilers

Post by Cougarbelle on Thu May 13, 2010 4:10 pm

I was thinking another word for meow. I was thinking just another way of saying dog's bark is worse than it's bite type thing. That's what I took from it.
Cougarbelle
Fangtasia Dancer

Back to top Go down

Post by Dean on Thu May 13, 2010 7:08 pm

It's a sound a cat makes when they're talking and happy.

As Cougar said.

OOOHHHHH the apocolypse is happening later.

Dean
Winchester

http://vana1970.livejournal.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Dean on Tue May 18, 2010 5:29 pm

Hey Jensen's just given an interview in LA to a Brazilian magazine.

I've cut and pasted it onto here to remove the spoiler for season 6, if you want to see the spoiler it is in a separate thread. This has been translated from Portuegse into English and not by me.

~~~~~~~

Away from his dark past in afternoon soap operas, Jensen Ackles is establishing a career on prime time by giving life to Dean Winchester, the most charming demon hunter on tv. Essential to Supernatural, especially after season 5, delivering great performances, Jensen is one of the reasons the show is a success and that recently reach the 100 episodes milestone. His character has to choose between faith and family, while, personally, the decisions are less apocalyptic, but equally interesting: directing or acting? After a strong handshake, he explains his career, characters and the future, on the show and professionally, in this exclusive interview to Sci-Fi News, at the luxury Hotel S&L at the most famous zip code of television: 90201.

I just talked to Jim Beaver and Misha Colins and they…

I’m so sorry for you! (laughs) Terrible, right? I don’t know why they keep inviting those two (laughs).

They talked about all the changes the show has suffered. How do you feel about the changing from telling “urban legends” to decide the future of mankind?

At first, I hesitate and got a little nervous for dealing with this theme, which can be really difficult. Eric (Kripke, creator of Supernatural) told me: “Look, I’m not trying to recreate the Bible, I’m just using those elements on a fictional story”. So I decided to keep my attention away from that, after all, I come from a very religious family, like myself. I wasn't worry, because I didn’t feel offended by anything on the show. The last thing I want is my grandmother calling to say (imitating grama’s voice): “do you have any idea of what you just said and did on the show, mister?” (laughs) Luckily, they (the family) understood and never complained about it.

It might not be offensive, but it might be a difficult decision, being a religious person, to see the Apocalypse and say no to Michael: which is the “right thing” to do and any Christian wouldn’t think twice.

According to the story, sure. The lack of Dean’s faith is something so interesting to play. He reacts to situations so different than me. A lot of people ask me what are the similarities that I share with Dean, I say that this relation has changed during the show. In the beginning, we were very alike, because I didn’t know who Dean really was, so he was me on screen. With time, the writers, Eric and I were defining this guy and, believe me, now he speaks, talks and think so differently, whether comparing the first season or me. He’s tough and funny as well. He’s the guy who every (or almost) time gets the girls. My relationship with him has changed a lot and always surprises me, now everything seams new to me. That’s why I love acting.

And, speaking of development, while most tv shows gets paranoid about renewals, you got an early announcement. How that changes the environment on the set?

The pressure is off and helps us thinking on what’s important, instead of being on backstage wondering about the negotiations and having doubts about next year. Having a job for another year is great, especially in this industry. But, now, the pressure goes to the writers. They need to create a new season. Honestly, season 6 is the one that intrigues me the most, because Eric had this five year plan when he created Supernatural. And he stayed true to that. He never said: “look, they want a sixth year, so, I’ll stretch the fifth and keep dragging on”. Eric is not that kind of writer and nothing indicates that this is going to change. When he presents questions to the audience, he answers those questions, unlike some shows around. There is a lot of confidence on this production and the audience feels that.

How do you evaluate the feelings between Sam and Dean on season 5? They lost faith on each other, got back together, got separate again, but they are still together…

It’s a constant approval and disapproval relationship on the trust aspect. They want to believe in each other, but something always happens to destroy that. When it happens, they doubt so intensely, but, in the same way, something always comes up to show there’s still hope. I like this dynamic, this constant battle to define their loyalty at each episode or season. This back and forth is appealing to the audience, because nobody knows where their lives are leading on; it’s a constant doubt: are they a team? Are they planning something behind each others back? Who is going to be the first one to change his mind?

Well, the fact that they can eventually try to kill each other during the Apocalypse helps a lot on that aspect…

Totally, it’s like Cain and Abel. Who is going to give the first punch, it’s the bigger question.

All those changes also affected, for example, the choice of the songs on the Impala or even the passion for Cheeseburgers? And these are also your personal choices?

A lot of this is my fault, I must admit (laughs). The classic rock’n’roll was always there; Eric insisted: a muscle car and classic rock. I guess he was tired of so much pop invading tv (laughs). Now, the food: I’m guilty! Why would I lie? (laughs) Right in the beginning, they put these sausages next to me on a scene. Then I got one and ate. The director told me: “keep eating, it’s funny!” (laughs). I though it was great, but I didn’t imagine that, from there on, every time Dean got a chance, he’d be eating. I love cheeseburgers!

I got ask: how did that scene of The Eye of the Tiger happen? Was it planned or it was a spur of the moment thing?

(laughs) It was all spontaneous! The music was playing out of the car, so I could follow the rhythm and Jared (Padalecki, co-star) should come near, knock on the car and say something like, “dude, turn off the music; we have better things to do”. He decided not to do that, just so see what I’d do. That’s what I did (laughs).

Playing Dean gives you a lot of opportunities to do drama, comedy and, of course, action. The perfect opportunity to find yourself. Do you know the kind of genre you like better?

The one that gives me a job (laughs). Action and comedy appeal more to me, but my mind is on working with who makes me a better actor. I practiced sports when I was a kid and I notice that I’d get a lot better when I played against someone who had more experience than me or if they were better than me; I’d put more effort and apply more. So, if I could at least have contact with the true talents of this industry and absorb what they have to offer, it'd be terrific. Being a tv actor allows constant evolving. I started to be interested by the camera movements and how directors tell stories by lens positions. There’s a lot more than be a character and entertaining the audience. To be able to see how all this happens and understand its motivations, why a certain angle was chosen, etc, for example, it's very fascinating. I’ve learned a lot along these five years.

You spoke like a real director. Have you ever thought about putting this into action?

Funny you ask. I haven’t mentioned this to anyone yet, but I was offered the direction for one of the next season episodes. You can’t imagine how excited I am.

Can you say the number of the episode or something about the script?

I don’t know yet. They just told me: “you deserve!” I didn’t ask for it, which made the whole thing even better. There wasn’t a negotiation, no agents; it was recognition from the crew to my interesting and ideas. They notice because of my active participation on the scenes, sometimes, even helping to direct when we were given the opportunity. If one of the directors asked me what we would like to do, I’d always suggest something related to positioning, camera’s angle and movements to have intensity on the scenes. That helps to give more speed to the whole process and it works. When I got the invitation, I felt awkward and really surprised! A lot of people want to direct on Supernatural.

Did you discover this desire on Supernatural or you thought about directing before the show?

It was during the show. I didn’t have that desire before.

Beyond the suggestions, this new perception also affects your acting stile, doesn't it?

Very much, because my interesting was beyond the behind the scenes and it got me confidence to pay attention on the other artistic aspects around me, the lighting or the cameras. Now, I read the scripts in a different way, beyond the simple preparation and starting to think about how my actions could improve the scene. Like, if the script says is going to be a movement conversation inside a motel room, I know that I won’t have a lot of space to move, because the camera would be steady, so, if my action is going to be limited to a small area or a table, whatever, I need to be prepared for that reality. It’s the camera and the acting working together.

That situation starts some kind of “familiar” competition, like, Jared is going to direct as well?

(laughs) No. Especially because it’s not something he’s interesting in as much as I am. He respects the things I like and got really excited by the news. When I told him, he said: “That’s awesome, man! You deserve. It’s going to be great!” During the last five years, he’s the person I spent more time with, so we know each other really well.

Being such a focus guy, and young, it is very surprising to see you talking about directing in such a serious and intense way. Especially in a time that almost the majority of “young stars” live in the gossip papers. We never see you there. This is a great thing, isn’t?

It’s really good. Just because it’s not the kind of attention I want. It’s easier since we shoot in Vancouver, I stay away from the Hollywood madness. But even if I was close to it, we shoot 12, 14 hours every day. We don't have time to do anything and to think about doing stupid things like taking off my shirt and run around LA. (laughs)

Your fans would sure love that!

(laughs) I need to remember that I’m 32 years old and I’m not some stupid kid. I want to make a career and I take the whole thing very serious, I respect my job. That doesn’t mean my life is boring, far from that, I have a lot of fun. I can enjoy as everybody else, but I know that doing this on a daily basis, it’d be the same thing as sabotage myself. It’s a delicate career. A lot of good people who made a lot of success vanish just because they didn’t have an opportunity, so stay focus is the main thing to do. I don’t want to end up like Corey Haim. It’s tragic, but it’s also a hard and a good lesson to any young actor.

~~~~~~~

Sorry the English wasn't the best but cba to correct it. 

Dean
Winchester

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam on Tue May 18, 2010 7:21 pm

Cool thanks!

Sam
Winchester

http://krisblis.livejournal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Cougarbelle on Tue May 18, 2010 9:05 pm

That is a great article. I am not surprised about Dean wanting to direct or any of it because he comes off as such a cool head, and see, he knew the music or else he wouldn't have been able to do that dance.

also, Dean must share spoilers with me. You know I love spoilers.
Cougarbelle
Fangtasia Dancer

Back to top Go down

Post by Dean on Thu May 20, 2010 5:46 pm

HUGE ANNOUNCEMENT FOR SUPERNATURAL

When Supernatural returns in September the CW has announced it will be shown in it's new time slot of Friday at 9pm after Smallville.

Is this good news or bad? The biggest ratings show The Vampires Daries is being moved to SPN's old slot.

I figured it was because the fans are loyal enough to follow it to Friday or is this a bad move?

Last edited by Dean on Thu May 20, 2010 9:55 pm; edited 1 time in total

Dean
Winchester

Back to top Go down

Post by Cougarbelle on Thu May 20, 2010 7:37 pm

Well if they're planning to go to season 7, they probably should have stayed where they are at. Friday night can kill a show, but maybe since it's on CW, everything will be okay. I guess they're trying to bring people back to Smallville, but I'm under the impression it is time for Smallville to leavevill.
Cougarbelle
Fangtasia Dancer

Back to top Go down

Post by Dean on Thu May 20, 2010 9:57 pm

It's definitely Smallville's last season. I was wondering if they thought very strong fan base they'll follow the show to Friday fill that night and air something new.

I think season 7 will depend on how season 6 is received, if it's really good and ratings are kept up then they might offer the guys another year. I guess it'll also depend on the writer's.

Either way the sho is a cash cow for all so as long as people enjoy it then why not get another season?

Dean
Winchester

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam on Thu May 20, 2010 11:44 pm

Boo, that sucks ass. Friday is typically where shows go to die. That's too bad but who knows. I think that almost for sure this will be the last season though.

Sam
Winchester

Back to top Go down

Post by Cougarbelle on Fri May 21, 2010 1:37 am

I'm definitely with Sam on this one. I think it's a bad move, and I think this is probably gonig to be the last season.
Cougarbelle
Fangtasia Dancer

Back to top Go down

Post by Dean on Fri May 21, 2010 3:06 am

Regardless of whether it's a good or bad move SPN has a huge fan base which will follow them. When they originally moved Smallville it created for CW the best ratings it'd ever had on a Friday.

It's a cash cow for now. I think if fans follow there's not a problem.

Dean
Winchester

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam on Wed Jun 02, 2010 1:59 am

Ok, so this doesn't really belong anywhere special but I forgot I made it and wanted to show off a bit...

Sam
Winchester

Back to top Go down

Post by Dean on Wed Jun 02, 2010 2:02 am

I still maintain that Sam looks so beyond evil almost undead there, freaky.

Dean
Winchester

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam on Wed Jun 02, 2010 2:04 am

LOL, good, I did my job then!
VanaBanana

Sam
Winchester

Back to top Go down

Post by Dean on Wed Jun 02, 2010 2:13 am

You are Queen of the Undead Avatars.

Hey, where is your Sam Worthington avatar missus?

Dean
Winchester

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam on Wed Jun 02, 2010 2:18 am

Hot damn, thanks for that!!! (Runs off to photobucket & photoshop)

Sam
Winchester

Back to top Go down

Post by Dean on Wed Jun 02, 2010 2:32 am

awww hot Jensen banner is up ... me licky the screen.

Dean
Winchester

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam on Wed Jun 02, 2010 2:33 am

LOL, it is very droolworthy!

Sam
Winchester

Back to top Go down

Post by Dean on Wed Jun 02, 2010 2:38 am

Oh I've not seen place your bets one in ages.

We'll have to get a Ronon Gutter Club banner back up resize Frankie?

Dean
Winchester

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam on Wed Jun 02, 2010 2:40 am

Oh that reminds me! I have good news concerning that but I'll move it to the Kick Ass page...

Sam
Winchester

Back to top Go down

Post by Dean on Wed Jun 02, 2010 2:50 am

Okay.

Dean
Winchester

Back to top Go down

Post by Dean on Sat Jun 12, 2010 11:54 pm

So I squeeeeed with delight at hearing a tweet from Superwiki, they are the official twitters of Supernatural for fans.

Now this weekend is Rising Con, the Spanish SPN Con and both Jared and Jensen are there. I have a couple of pictures, be prepared to laugh at poor guys big men given little bar stools to sit on.

However, this is what made me go squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

SuperWiki - Jensen says he thinks it's a fair bet there will be a Season 7!

Jensen, this is why people talk sweetie.

Jared.

Dean
Winchester

Back to top Go down

Post by Dean on Sun Jun 13, 2010 12:12 am

This is a break down of remarks made so far at the Con by the Community ontd_spnparty.

Jared & Jensen's panel:

~ apparently Jensen has some real scruff/beard and Jared's hair is really long

~ Jared is taking antihistamines, which makes him exceptionally sweaty

~ they know nothing about season 6

~ Jared likes when the brothers fight so he's happy about what's going on

~ Sera will be running the show

~ what did they do during their free time?
Jared went to Germany and Switzerland after Rome;
Jensen went to Dallas and got married - "so that was fun"; then he spent some time and NY and went on a honeymoon to "Akron, Ohio" (joke)
Jared asked if he went farming

~ Jared thinks Sam is probably a little bad

~ SPN anime is official, they've both looked over & accepted the chara design (Jensen: "That looks great. Can I get bigger shoulders?" ),
they will dub at least a couple of first episodes

~ they will start working on S6 in two weeks

~ it was Jensen's idea to show Sam standing under the streetlamp in S5 finale (although Jensen wanted them to show just a dark figure, not Sam's face)

~ Jensen will direct the first episode they'll be working on (3rd episode of season 6) - Jensen: "So all of you know, the 3rd ep of season six? Be gentle. Be kind. Rave about it on the Internet. My bosses look at that kinda stuff. ... Lie through your teeth if you have to."

~ there was a Smallville question for Jensen - he was talking about working with Kristin Kreuk ("what a beautiful girl", pleasure to work with); working with Tom Welling and Micheal Rosenbaum is great - it's working with buddies, like with Jared

~ they talked about the history of SPN conventions and their first con experiences - Jen's first was England, where he was 'attacked'; Jared's first was scifi con with Lost, where they didn't even know who he was (Jensen: "Who's laughing now?!")

~ Jensen: "It's really nice to look over a crowd like this and see people admire your work" - it reminds them that somebody is watching them and that somebody does care

~ there was a standard comedy vs drama question - Jared feels intimidated when he's doing comedy, Jensen really likes it but would also choose drama if he had to pick just one

~ Jared said Kripke is a funny character, he likes to throw in his bizarre jokes - like Sam watching porn while Dean comes in

~ since Dean's guilty pleasure is watching Dr Sexy MD, what are Sam's? Jared: "Watching Mrs Dr Sexy MD."

~ Jared mentioned being on vacation with his wife and watching TV

~ J2's guilty pleasures?
Jared watches Pawn Stars, Antiques Roadshow, shows about food (Iron Chef) - Jensen: "He can't cook."
Jensen likes comedy shows because dramas are hard to follow and they have enough of it on SPN; he likes Modern Family, The Office, How I Met Your Mother; he says Dean & Barney Stinson should get together sometime

~ Jared says they have a symbiotic type of relationship with the fans - we appreciate them as much as as they appreciate us
Jensen said there's the common denominator of appreciation, which is SPN - they appreciate the show as much as we do; Jared agreed that there is no SPN without them but there would definitely be no SPN without the fans

~ they talked about changes happening on the show - going from two guys on the road, hunting ghosts and wendigos, dying for each other, different characters to the Apocalypse (Jared: "And then he died and I died, and he came back and I came back, and then this new character showed up and I married her...")

~ SPN is fresh - each script is like unwrapping a new present (Jensen)

~ they have no idea about what's coming in season 6, even Jensen, who's supposed to direct one of the episodes

Jensen's panel:

~ there was a question about Paris and he said she was professional

~ they have met a few of their voice actors, Japanese ones seemed like huge stars

~ Josh Jackson and Kerr Smith are great guys, "guy's guys"

~ Jensen is practical, no supernatural experiences

~ he doesn't think S6 is going to be the last one, thinks there might be S7

~ he likes directing because it means knowing and discovering who does what, how things work

~ he wouldn't like to have a co-director, not even Jared - it's like having 2 cooks in one kitchen

~ if he could direct one of the old episodes he's pick "Yellow Fever"

~ developing a character for 6 years is an opportunity

~ he likes telling stories through acting, got it from his dad, who is a big storyteller

~ he liked the questions that were asked, thought they were more intelligent than 5 years ago when people were asking about what boxers they were wearing

~ Jake Abel is a good guy, his character was a unique idea, even though it didn't seem so great at first

~ he would like to play Batman or a superhero that hasn't been pictured yet (Green Lantern, Captain America were his picks too)

~ what he has in common with Dean: they look alike, both like classic horrors and classic rock, both look up to their dads and have brothers; Dean is more angry though

~ the best parts of playing Dean: he gets paid; the worst part: working with Jared (which was a joke and he had to say it that because the audience went all 'awww') - the worst part is that it's very time consuming

~ playing Dean is like having a run - he hates running but feels amazing afterward

~ is he as brave as Dean in real life? when he was 14 their neighbors' house was on fire - his dad was pulling out furniture and valuables while the mother and the daughter were waiting outside and he didn't hesitate to help him - that made him feel proud and brave

~ "The End" is still his favorite episode - very difficult but rewarding

~ his car? he has a big pick-up truck, although he'd like to have the Impala, too

Jared's panel:

~ Jared is a little bit like Dean, because he likes to joke around, but he's used to playing Sam

~ on Lucifer and the way he was played: evil is alluring because it never seems evil, it's deceiving, not obvious

~ if he could have some of Jensen's scenes, he'd pick "Yellow Fever" - he likes joking around too, like "Bad Day At Black Rock"

~ Jared is a big Beatles fan (Sadie) - he's love to have their song on the show but it's expensive plus it might not fit SPN that well

~ "Changing Channels" was plenty of fun, of course

~ he was talking about learning Latin, being able to repeat shots and cheating while the camera is not directly on you; he can still say the exorcism in Latin

~ Jared about his physical change: working our is a hobby but he's also a kind of a late bloomer, he was 22 when he started SPN and was still very young; now he's more of a grown man, plus Sam and Dean became tougher, too

~ with Lucifer back in hell (he said he's not sure about that but he sounded sure), he'd like to see Sam change, maybe become something else, he wants something different for him, wants him be a real man

~ he thinks Sam has had bad luck but he also had a destiny to deal with, he was a bit controlled and manipulated

~ he would have changed the way he was playing Sam if he had known Sam's destiny but at the same time he was true to Sam at the time

~ he was asked to impersonate Dean, which he did

~ they were supposed to swap bodies with each other but shooting that was taking very long and was very complicated

~ J2 were approached directly for Sam and Dean, they were both supposed to do one more year on Gilmore Girls/Smallville

~ being on SPN gives the opportunity to not only talk and act but combine it with stunts and action, which makes it more exciting and interesting

~ superhero he'd like to play: someone who flies, like Superman; he'd like to be Gambit, too

~ jokes on the set: whenever they're done with the scene and the camera is still rolling you kinda feel like a deer-in-headlights so you just do silly stuff - and now it's become a habit

~ preparing and practicing for a scene is work, when you're in front of the camera you can have fun with it

~ J2 have a great on-screen relationship and it's really easy to work with each other

~ he doesn't like to watch episodes right away - he watches them when he's distanced himself, forgets all the details about the scene and doesn't want to correct himself all the time

~ Sam's weird face when Jared's work is mentioned on SPN (Gilmore Girls and The House OF Wax) was a choice between no reaction or Jared's real reaction

~ he talked about Clif, who is their driver/bodyguard but also a trainer ("he's great, we love him and miss him") - they relax during summer, eat junk food but work out when they're back to work - they don't want to become huge but want to stay fit

~ he loves that SPN is not stale, that it's fresh, you can't get used to it, it's always challenging

Dean
Winchester

Back to top Go down

Post by Dean on Sun Jun 13, 2010 12:17 am

I'm going to place this here as this is only a short video which is in conjuction with the previous posts.

I don't think Jensen's shaved since he got married, I don't mind his beard I'm used to them.

Dean
Winchester

Back to top Go down

Post by Cougarbelle on Sun Jun 13, 2010 1:38 pm

Thanks Dean. This is great stuff. The boys look great.
Cougarbelle
Fangtasia Dancer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum